Thursday, July 8, 2010

Oxygen FREE & Enjoying Life

Finally, on June 16 Hadlee passed her multi-channel lung test. It was great to know that her lungs were finally developed well enough to support her without the oxygen tanks. It is amazing how much easier it is to move around the house and to load the kids up in the truck & go places. Although it still takes awhile to get everything together for 2 babies, it is much easier without the need of changing Hadlee's tubing from the concentrator to an 02 tank and making sure we have plenty of tanks with us, etc... We pray that she continues to grow & develop!
Hadlee sleeping during part of the 6 hour test


On Friday, June 18, I was at home getting everything ready for another camping trip. I had been going in & out of the house, when I heard Kooper quietly whinning. This is how I found him in the living room. Ha ha! Notice that he is still sucking his thumb even though he pulled the play-gym down.

Wrestling with the play gym

My siblings & I spent lots of nights & weekends camping with Grammy & Gramps as young kids. I have many, many, many fond memories from camping with my grandparetns, cousins, friends, etc... My Mom actually went into labor with me while she was camping at McCormick's Creek. Therefore, camping has always been a passion of mine. I hope that we are able to make great memories for the twins in our new camper!
Hadlee & I camping at Crooked Creek on Lake Keowee

Finally, Abbie & I got to meet up with our twins once again! As you may remember, Abbie and I delivered our sets of twins at the same hospital, on the same day, only about 11 hours apart. We both endured c-sections and life in the NICU! It was such a blessing to have Abbie & Dustin there to support us as we were then available to support them as well. We met up for lunch on the twins' 20th week birthday! It was a great time and we look forward to more play-dates to come.

1 comment:

  1. yay for no oxygen for miss hadlee anymore!
    the twins are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete