Thursday, July 8, 2010

Our 1st Visitors of the Summer

On June 26, my older sister Tera and her 2 girls drove down from Indiana for a visit! They were our first visitors of the summer & I was so excited about hanging out with my two beautiful nieces. As you can see in the picture below, B & B were happy to hold the twins right after arriving at our house. We had plans to go into town & do a few things, but all we really did was eat my my favorite restaurant & one of Tera's favs too, Chili's! Braylee especially kept the twins entertained while Tera & I enjoyed talking.
First thing the next morning, Braylee was ready to help feed the twins & change any "soggy" diapers! She is such a "mommy" already that she will be a wonderful help when Tera & Alex have more kids.
Kooper & Hadlee showing how happy they're after getting their bellies full!
This is the pic that Braylee snapped several times & just kept saying, "Yup that was good." But really she didn't care & was just snapping the camera to get it over with. It was funny! My grandparents, Pa & Granny, were also able to stop in on Sunday afternoon. They were taking the long-way down to Florida so that is allowed them to visit the twins and a few of my cousins that also live on the east coast. It was a beautiful afternoon, so we filled up a small plastic pool for B & B, but it ended up thundering and scared them. Needless to say, they were only in the pool for about an hour.
Our Granny also had an identical twin sister. Tera did a short photo session with Hadlee while Kooper was taking a nap. She was adoring all of Aunt Tera's attention!
Brynna & I were sitting in the garage watching Nick work on the jeep. She is such a sweetheart; I just love her!
Nick was outside grilling for dinner & Brynna was keeping him company. All weekend long she called him "Nicky-Nick"....she is so silly!
Bath time! Braylee & Brynna did a great job. The twins didn't cry once.
On Monday, we headed to Gaffney to the outlet mall. We spent almost the entire day shopping for our kids. This was something that wasn't that much fun until I had my own kids to buy for. It is nice shopping with Tera because she is able to help me buy clothes for future use. She is so good about knowing approximately what size they will be during each season. I'm finding this very important since the twins are not following the normal sizes for their age.
Here is me & Brynna eating a Fatz after our long day of shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment