Wednesday, March 16, 2011

*Fabulous February*

February is forever going to be my favorite month now that it is when we get to celebrate the twins' birthday! Since I am waaaaaayyyyy behind in blogging (I started this one a few months ago & today is May 31st....so yeah, I'm way behind) I'll post as many pictures as possible but there is no way I can remember everything that has happened, unfortunately.

Here is little Miss Hadlee being silly [Feb. 2nd]! She found the jar of Vaseline and as you can see, she thought she needed a few hand-fulls! It was a mess, but it was also so cute to see her trying to get it off her hands when she realized how much she had on them.

Note to self: When busy cleaning for birthday party, do not leave jar of Vaseline unattended. :-)
My night only got better....while I was cleaning up Hadlee & the Vaseline disaster, Kooper came running out of their bedroom...minus his pants and with one of his socks hanging out of his mouth like he was a proud cat that just caught a mouse. It was hilarious! I was so confused on where his pair of jeans went, so I went looking in their bedroom and they were laying on the floor in front of the window as if he had pulled them straight down off of himself. I figured out later that they were too big & he was stepping on them so that must have been how he got them off so quickly & easily. I wish I had taken a picture of his jeans but I was a little busy cleaning Vaseline off my carpet & Hadlee.


On Thursday, Feb. 3rd, their actual birthday, we didn't do anything special b/c it was a work day & we were having their birthday party on Saturday. However, I was able to take the day off to take the twins to their 1 year well-check with their pediatrician on Friday, Feb. 4th. Little Miss Hadlee weighed in at 14 lbs. 2 ounces and Big, little brother, Kooper weighed in at 16 lbs. 10 ounces. Here they are waving HI for the camera :-)
[Kooper is wearing 3-6 month clothing & size 2 diapers. Hadlee is wearing some 0-3 month clothing, but mostly 3-6 month and size 2 diapers. Kooper loves his fuzzy, brown blanket and still sucks his left thumb. Hadlee loves her silky-pink blanket and is addicted to her NICU paci. Kooper's favorite words are "huh" and "Dah" (dad) and shaking his head NO. Hadlee grunts, points, & shakes her head NO as well. She is a fast learner & copies whatever Kooper does!]

Their pediatrician started talking about doing some lab work for them because of their low weight gains, but after talking to Nick & I and hearing how well they eat she said we should wait until their 15 month check to test them (if needed). She is still concerned about Kooper's gag reflex, but said he'll probably just need some speech therapy before long & that will help. We were informed while they were still in the NICU that preemie's tend to have gag reflex issues and not to be upset if they require speech therapy to help them with the tongue movement & swallowing of different textures. Thankfully, Hadlee doesn't appear to have this issue...unless it is a food she just doesn't like. Their Doc was also very happy to hear they were still nursing and of course I could start transitioning to whole milk whenever I wanted to. I am so happy & thankful I was able to breastfeed the twins! With them having spent so much time in the NICU and not in our arms, I feel that it really helped me bond with them. Who knew I would be able to breastfeed 2 babies for a whole year???? Not my Mom...she had no faith in me! Thanks, Momma ;-)

*First Birthday Party Time*
We were blessed to have some family (my parents, Aunt Boo, Cousin Bret, & Nick's parents) and TONS of friends come to our house for the twins' 1st birthday party! It was a wonderful Cowgirl/Cowboy theme party as you might notice in the pictures. I have lots more pictures, but it takes forever to up-load them, so I'll add more to my next post! A special thank you to my Mom & Dad for driving all night long to make it to the party, after having just flown to Indianapolis from Aruba....glad you didn't miss any of your vacation to make it to the party!














My baby sister, Trista, is a beautitian and gladly gave Kooper his very 1st haircut while she visited for their birthday weekend! My camera was full, so I only got these 2 pictures before she started cutting, but I'm sure we got more pictures on my Mom's camera. I'll add those soon!

*My cute boy*

No comments:

Post a Comment