Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Surviving the last night of my pregnancy




After visiting with Abbie & her family, I unfortunately had to go back to reality, where the nurses & my Doc started preparing me for my last night of pregnancy. Since my liver function level was at a dangerously high level, they had to put an IV in & start running Magnesium through it. I was warned that this could make me even more miserable. I actually found the cath more annoying; however, the magnesium did make me extremely hot. I believe I froze Nick, my Dad, Mom, & Tera out of my room. Poor Nick had to sleep in my room & the temp. was set at like 65* or something and I was still hot. I barely slept at all Tues. night. I kept praying to our twins & tried to ignore the cath & those stupid leg pumps to keep my blood flowing....they made me itch like crazy. Plus, they had my belly strapped with a monitor for each baby & one for my contractions, so I could not get comfortable for anything! Needless to say, I was happy to see the blood work lady at 5am just so I had someone to say hi to. Thankfully though, I did get some good sleep Wednesday mid-morning, once my body was too tired to do anything else. As Nick said, my nurse Wed. during the day was Ms. Doubtfire & she made sure no one interrupted me while I slept unless they were a Doc. As you can see in the pics, I made Nick or who ever had cold hands place them on my face to help cool me off. The magnesium was overwhelming hot and of course I wasn't permitted to have anything to drink until after the delivery. That part was really hard!!!
(And NO, I did not agree with my husband's choice of a foo-man-choo, but he doesn't listen well to me sometimes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment