Monday, August 30, 2010

Indiana Family & Friends

While I was in IN, I also celebrated my 30th birthday. We didn't do anything special b/c it was one of the only days that we stayed at my mom & dad's & enjoyed some relaxation. Tera, B & B, our cousin Taryn, and my cousin's son, Luke came over to swim & play with the twins. My mom was sweet enough to have cake & icecream pool-side for us! I wasn't real happy about turning 30, so I was ok with not doing much. Here is a picture of Braylee & Brynna with my cousin, Taryn.
Here is a picture of me enjoying my cake & icecream....the twins were inside taking a short nap.
A few evenings while we were in Indiana, we had dinner with my brother & his family. Although him & Heather only have 2 kids, I think Travis loves babies enough that he would have more! Ely liked holding them too, as long as they weren't fussing ;-) Saturday evening, a several more of my high school buddies got together for dinner at Lenny's in Bloomington. My cousin, Broc & his wife Sara were the ones that got all the plans pulled together for all of us to meet up. I was so happy to get to see them & baby Coen once again. Thankfully, several others made time to hang out as well. BJ & his wife had their daughter, Eliza the day after the twins were born. Heather & I actually had the same due date and due to both of us having preeclampsia, we both delivered 8 weeks early. Crazy!!! Josh & his wife, Laura Beth recently moved back to Bloomington so it was great seeing them, plus Jeremiah, his wife, Jamie & daughter Brylee were able to come too. I'm not sure that I have seen them in 2-3 years or more so I thought it was wonderful that we all got to visit a short bit. Although, we did get numerous odd stares in the restaurant as we tried to juggle fussy babies, feed babies, change diapers, & eat dinner ourselves. It was all worth it though...it was a great time! A few people even questioned if they were quads!
Here is a pic of everybody
And here are those of us that went to WRV together. From left to right: Jeremiah w/Brylee, BJ w/Eliza, Broc w/Coen, Me w/Hadlee, and Josh w/Kooper (he rented OK for the night b/c Nick was still in SC due to work) Nick was able to fly into IN the following Wednesday. He was definitely excited to see his babies once again! We went straight from the airport to Los Bravos to enjoy dinner with our favorite E-ville buddies, Barb, Tommy, & Emilee. I'm not sure why I didn't get a picture, but I really wish we had. We could spend every night out to dinner with them, we always have so much fun! Then on Thursday afternoon, we headed down to Henderson, KY to spend some time with the Dixon family. Here is a picture of the twins with Hunter, Gunner, Bailey, & Travis. On Friday, we met up with Nick's high school friends. Once again, I don't have any pics, unfortunately, but I think I saw Jason taking pictures so I need to get them from him to post. We all met at Andy & Audrey's, which worked out great b/c they have a wonderful patio for entertaining, plus Audrey is a fabulous cook! I cannot wait to meet their newest addition to their family....she should arrive this fall/winter! We ended up having a really rough night because poor Hadlee was up sick. She was running a fever, had a runny nose, & had some caughing. Thankfully we were still able to make it to my Clifford family reunion for the first time in over 10 years! I loved getting to see pics of my Gramps as a young boy! Also, my Uncle Tom, Aunt Jeanine, & their 3 girls got the chance to meet/spend some time with the twins. They just recently moved from Maryland to Virginia so we don't get the opportunity very often to see them. Once we returned to SC, we took Hadlee to her pediatrician & found out that she had a double ear-infection. Thankfully, after 2 weeks of anitbiotics, she started feeling better and started sleeping better once again!
Spending 2 full weeks in Indiana was absolutely great! I know that Nick & I would dearly miss our wonderful friends here in SC, but eventually, I think we will make the move back. I definitely want the twins to know their cousins, grandparents, aunts & uncles just like I did. I cannot imagine what my life would be like if I hadn't been raised around my family.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, move home now!! :) It's only been a month since you've been gone and we are missing you all very much!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that sister Tera would be SUPER excited for you guys to move home :)

    GLad you got to enjoy 2 weeks w/ your family and friends in IN.

    The twins are looking so much older! So cute!

    ReplyDelete