Sunday, January 3, 2010

~Baby Shower Celebrations~

Wow! Nick & I are so very blessed to have such wonderful families & friends! They all showed us such great love & support through attending our baby showers. We are both still in disbelief at all the great gifts we have received. Baby Shower #1 was given by our friends & co-workers, Lexa & Stacy. It was held at the Clemens' home here in South Carolina on Nov. 14th. It was a "couples shower" so we had fun making the men play Baby Pictionary! Baby Shower #2 was given by my sisters, Tera & Trista, back in Indiana on Nov. 28th. The shower was held during the busy Thanksgiving holiday weekend, but it still turned out to be a wonderful shower. My sister's did a great job with all the decorations, especially coordinating all the colors to match our nursery. Nick & I were fortunate enough to drive my new truck up to IN, so we were able to bring all the gifts back with us. Marley & Gage had to sit/sleep on 2 baby matresses, but they didn't complain too much. Our 3rd baby shower was held at Carrabba's Italian Grill in SC on Dec. 5th. It was a "triple" affect shower, for me and the 2 other teachers from my MED co-hort that are also expecting their babies in March. Abbie is pregnant with twin girls and Tara is pregnant with her own sweet honey bun, but it's gender is still a secret! This shower was special in that we got to have a reunion with several of our co-hort buddies. It is hard to believe how fast our MED went by because during the time we were all taking the courses, I never thought I'd live through it all. Thankfully while I was taking my classes, I made some great friends. And last, but definitely not least, was the Dixon Baby Shower on Dec. 19th in Evansville, IN. My SIL's, Leslie & Shannon, and my MIL Kitty gave Nick & I another wonderful shower. That Saturday was an extremely long day, but well worth it! Nick drove me to the Charlotte airport around 4:30am, but then my flight was delayed 2 hours, so I just walked around the airport until I was able to fly to Indy. One of my greatest friends from high school, Autumn, picked me up from the Indy airport & drove me down to my Mom & Dad's (about 2 hours south). I only had about 45 minutes to get ready & then Mom & I drove down to E-ville for my last baby shower (another 2 hour drive). Leslie, Kitty, Shannon, & several of Nick's aunts worked extremely hard to decorate & prepare all the food for this shower. The tables were covered in stuffed animals, baby toys, blankets, bibs, etc... and it was all so sweet! I loved getting to see so many of our family members & friends that live in E-ville that we now rarely get to see due to living in SC. ALL of our baby shower's were special in their own way & I do not know what we would do without such wonderful family & friends! Our twins have new cribs, bedding, clothes, rocker chair, bibs, blankets, bottles, diapers, pacifiers, stroller, and much much much more all in thanks to our family & friends! THANK YOU so very much to everyone that was involved in helping Nick & I get better prepared for their arrival. I cannot express how grateful we are for everything we've received! I have created a slide show of pictures from the various baby shower celebrations, but I wasn't able to download all of the pictures. Hopefully I will be able to add more later. Hope you all enjoy, xoxo!!!

1 comment: