Monday, November 9, 2009

*Surprise* You're going to be a DADDY!

This is how our story began.......
My birthday is July 27th and I was taking a graduate class at Clemson, so when my doctor scheduled me to come in for an appointment, I said "yes, I'll get out of class early & get to enjoy my b-day a little." Before I saw my doctor, her nurse came in & told me that my urine test came out positive. This was a shock to me, so I asked if she was sure & she of course said, yes we can do a blood test too if you really think I'm joking. For those of you who may not know, Nick & I have never "planned" on having kids. When I was a very young girl, there were complications with my left ovary, of which now is non-functional. So, to find out we were pregnant was an exciting moment, but also a big shock! I talked to so many people later that day via text or phone call since they were all calling to wish me a happy birthday. It was so hard not to say anything. When Nick got home, I was still on the phone with my Mom & it was late so I hesitated about telling him. He had brought my long awaited b-day gift with him, which was a salt-water fish tank. Nick was so excited to show me it & of course all I could think of is that I hope he still has the receipt because he is probably going to want to return it now that we're pregnant. So I waited.....and waited....until Wednesday, July 29th. He got home early & I was able to prepare a surprise for him. As he was getting out of the shower this is what Marley & Gage had to say: #1 Big Brother and #1 Big Sister.

2 comments:

  1. What obedient dogs to sit for the picture! :) I wish I could have been there to see Nick's reaction!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just way to cute, I would have loved to see that!

    ReplyDelete