Monday, January 31, 2011

A Day in the Life of Hadlee & Kooper

(Here is another post I started in December, but fell behind & didn't get it completed.)

On a normal day:
2:30-3:00am wake up to nurse
5:00-5:30am wake up to nurse before Mommy has to head-off to work
7:30-8:00am wake up & hang out with Daddy
8:00-8:30am Daddy gives us a bottle for breakfast
8:30-11:30am we play with Daddy, Hadlee goes to therapy once aweek, take a short morning nap (Kooper normally, Hadlee sometimes) & a few doc appointments (depending on the day)
11:30-12:00pm Daddy gives us another bottle for lunch
12:00-12:30pm our babysitter arrives so that Daddy can go to work
1:00-1:30pm babysitter feeds us some baby food
1:30-3:00pm we play with each other & our babysitter makes sure we don't get into too much trouble while Mommy & Daddy are working
3:00-3:30pm we drink another bottle & enjoy a few afternoon snacks (puffs, yogurt melts, or mum-mums)
3:30pm-??? we play until we take our afternoon nap
6:00-6:30pm Mommy arrives home from work & we get to nurse
6:30-7:00pm we help Mommy make dinner, play & whine a little b/c we want all of Mommy's attention
7:30-8:00pm Mommy feeds us some baby food for dinner
8:30pm we get to play in the bath tub and we love it!
9:00-9:30pm we nurse & start falling asleep for Mommy (on a good night)
9:30-11:30pm we're sleeping like a baby, ha ha
11:30-12:00am we nurse again so that Mommy can get some sleep too

Things we are up to these days:
We like to play with our singing grocery cart that Mamaw bought us as part of our early Christmas gifts. We can hold onto it & it helps us walk.
We love to bounce in our bouncer/vibrating seat.
We really find Marley & Gage fun to crawl around on.
We think electrical outlets and plugs are fascinating.
Mommy & Daddy have had to move all the breakable items out of our reach because we really like pulling everything off of the shelves and out of baskets.
I, Kooper, can say: Dah (dad), bah (ball), and doh doh (dog dog).
I, Hadlee, can say: woo woo (woof, woof), ey (hey), shake my head NO very well, and wave Hi & Bye.
I, Kooper, have fallen in love with my fuzzy, brown elephant blanket and love rubbing it with my fingers when I'm sleepy or sick.
I, Hadlee, love my Mommy's sunflower quilt & my silky, pink-n-brown flower quilt, but most of all I love my green paci.
We really like using the chairs, couch, hope-chest, and fish tank to help us pull-up & walk around.
We think Daddy & Mommy's cell phones are the greatest toys to slobber all over.
No matter the homemade baracade, we love the thrill of breaking through it, crawling over it, and making a dash for it.
We find it fun to un-roll the toilet paper rolls when no one is watching.
We like to throw our sippy cups "overboard" when we're in our high chairs.
I, Hadlee, am wearing size 2 diapers, mainly 0-3 months clothes and a few 3-6 months clothes (depending on the brand). Everyone says I look like my Mommy. I tend to be high maintainance and want to be held more often than my brother. I used to be the best at staring people down, but recently I've decided it is ok to show them my shy smile and tiny teeth. I like to scrunch up my nose & snort. I am a very messy eater and refuse to stay strapped in to the high chairs at restaurants. I love taking Gage's ball & playing tug-of-war with him. It makes me giggle so hard! I also think naps are over-rated, unless someone is holding me.
I, Kooper, am wearing size 2 diapers and 3-6 months clothes. Everyone says I look like my Daddy. I have a laid back personality and self-sooth myself often with my thumb & fuzzy blanket. I'm a big flirt and smile at all the girls. I love climbing on Marley & Gage, even when Gage doesn't want me to. I enjoy taking my naps and easily fall asleep anywhere as long as I can suck my thumb & roll onto my belly. I have tons of hair and long, dark eye lashes. I am a picky eater and gag often an anything with texture.
On Nov. 4 at our 9 month check-up, I (Hadlee) weighed 12 lbs. 14 oz. and I (Kooper) weighed 15 lbs. 6 oz.

And this is why we didn't mail Christmas cards this year:

Refusing to sit long enough to take a cute picture.
Hadlee crawled over to me & tried to sit in my lap.
Kooper wanted to play with Rudolph, Clarice, and the Christmas tree lights.
This pic tells it all......Just look at their enthusiasm! I think it was easier getting Marley & Gage to pose than it was for the twins. So sorry to all of those expecting a Christmas card. I hope to be more successful at it next year when I can hopefully bribe them to behave, ha ha!

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I'm glad you found my blog! Our lives sound pretty similar ha ha! That's crazy! You're little ones are super cute!

    ReplyDelete