Monday, December 13, 2010

More of September & October up-dates

I have been meaning to sit down & get our blog caught up on everything that has been going on & changing for the twins, but I am such a procrastinator! Everytime that I do have a minute & I think I'll do it, I get side-tracked or it is so late I just want to go to bed. Either way, I've been a terrible Mom. I haven't up-dated their baby books in several months either. I know this is something I will regret in a few years, but I'm just so busy. Here is a little more from our fall time:


This pic is actually from our last camping trip. We camped in NC & we were on our hike up to High Falls. I think I talked about this camping trip in my last blog post. We love our new camper & can't wait to use it more & more & build great memories with the twins. I have very fond memories of camping with my family, especially my Gramps & Grammy! Still to this day, one of my favorite sweets are Smores. Mmmm...mmmm!

This is a picture of Gage & Marley while Nick & I were giving the twins their first bath in the big bath tub. They both stayed in the bathroom the entire time the twins played in the water. Although there are times that Gage seems to not like them, most of the time he is so sweet to them. And Marley, she is in love with them!!!

I'm not positive when this picture was taken, but this is something Kooper started doing several months ago. Hadlee sucked her thumb for just a short while, but has since determined she prefers her paci. Kooper is a big thumb sucker, but once his teeth started cutting in, we would periodically spot him stealing Hadlee's paci to chew on. The best part is when Hadlee pulls it back from him & they both fall backwards!
In October, we started feeding the twins some fruits as well. Their first taste of fruit was technically given to them by one of the neighbor ladies that was babysitting for us one day when our regular babysitter wasn't available (Oct.20). I got home from work & she told me how they had ate all of their vegetables that Nick had layed out, but that they were still hungry so she went ahead & fed them a jar of bananas too. I was so sad that I missed their first experience :-( I think she understood I didn't like that she did it, especially when she tried to tell me, "well it was just bananas, it isn't like they could be allergic to them or anything." Uh...well, what if they had been???? Anyways, a week or two later, we did introduce fruits to them officially and they had mangos & loved them!

Hadlee with her Great-Grammy in October
Also in October, my Mom & baby sister, Boo came down for a long weekend visit. It just so happened that my Grammy was also flying in to visit her brother that lives less than 2 hours from Nick & I. So it was a great weekend for us all to meet up & spend some time together. We went over to my Mom's Uncle Bill's & enjoyed some great food & company! Now the twins are both sitting up, crawling all over the place. Kooper started pulling up onto stuff just a few days after figuring out how to crawl. Hadlee doesn't pull up much & when she does her tiny, tooth-pick legs shake like crazy! My Mom & Boo got to witness the speed at which the twins can crawl through our house. While they were visiting, Kooper & Hadlee became "speed crawlers." It is definitely time to invest in some gates!

Here is a pic of the twins with their favorite Aunt BooBoo!

And of course, it wouldn't be a trip with my Mom if we didn't go shopping. We spent a few hours at the Gaffney Outlets and my Mom found this adorable winter cap for Kooper at GapKids. He loves it...and his thumb! While my Mom & Boo were visiting, we also determined that Kooper does not like textured food! One night we were enjoying dinner at my favorite place, Chili's, and I gave Hadlee & Kooper part of a Baby Mum-Mum. Hadlee slobbered hers down and Kooper wanted to, but he just couldn't get pass the texture of it. We all laughed so hard watching him stick it in his mouth & then gag until he could spit it back up! It was priceless! Since then, I've tried the puffs in a variety of flavors, but Koop just spits them out. Hadlee on the other hand seems to enjoy all types & flavors!

This is another picture I'm not sure when it was taken, but now that the twins are crawling more & more, they seem to find me no matter what I'm doing. This is a picture of Kooper helping me with the laundry; however, Hadlee's the one that normally comes to help.

One Saturday morning, the twins decided the chairs & bar stools in our dining room were going to be their play gym. They had a ball crawling through, over, under, around all the legs & then standing up under the table. It was so fun to watch them explore new territories!
Halloween Time:

Corby with all the babies. Kooper was a Colts football player, Hadlee was a Colts cheerleader, & Olivia was the cutest cow ever!!!

We spent the day out & about with Corby, Katie, & Miss Olivia! After some yummy Monterrey's for lunch and a trip to Babies-R-Us, we headed out to Corby & Katie's for a relaxing evening of watching the 3 babies play in their costumes. We had planned on driving to a few houses, but it was easier to just stay at their house & relax. The twins didn't seem to mind!






No comments:

Post a Comment